Wednesday, September 1, 2010

3 Glorious Words

The day has finally come. Once a year now for the past 13 years, I wait anxiously--albeit with quiet excitement--all summer long; sometimes longing for this day. Some years, I am patient as the day approaches, savoring the days leading up to la gran dia. Some years I am pensive, wistful even. Then, there are those times--like this summer--that I am counting down the minutes!

And now it's here:

Back

To

School.

I'm starting to understand why teenagers are so "gnarly." It's God's way of helping us let them go! And off they went; all in high school now. There are even days when I don't have to drive 'em or pick 'em up! (Hey poetic... meet justice: I bought a real, grown-up car and gave the teens exclusive access to the mini-van!!) We've turned a corner and I am beginning to see the light at the end of the long ride through this tunnel of love. I see a sign flashing before me, too. I can barely make out the message... Oh, wait... It says:

"TIME FOR MOM TO GET A LIFE!"

No comments: