Saturday, April 24, 2010

Mascarpone

I just love to say it--mascarpone, MAS-car-PO-ne, mas-CAR-po-NE. The way Giada De Laurentis says it is my favorite...you have to hear her say it. It's like butta.

But what do you do with it? I bought this cute, little tub of mascarpone cheese a while back. I am sure that I had some intended use for it. But my near 50, foggy, forgetful brain has not allowed that "use" to surface from the deep recesses of my mind.

So, I ask you: what would you do with a tub of mascarpone cheese? Leave a comment, please :)

(And, keep it clean--my mom reads this!)

(Oh, and mom, keep it clean, my kids read this.)

2 comments:

Carole said...

Kathy,
I had the MOST AMAZING Mas-Ca-Pone...(love the way Giada says it too!)Polenta at Michael Chiarello's restaurant in Yountville, (near Napa) this weekend...talk about creamy and so delicious!!! I was in heaven...it was served under my amazing Rack of Lamb with strawberry balsamic reduction!!!! My mouth is still watering...just thinking about it!

Kathie said...

Oh, that sounds lovely! Brett and I are thinking of going to Napa this summer. I will have have to go to school on your experience! For sure, I will try Michael Chiarello's restaurant...I used to watch him on Food Network.